Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Y

Last year I was doing so great with my diet and workout. I was going to the Y everyday, running in the afternoon, eating right, and just was in the groove.

I lost thirty pounds which was really exciting. It was nice to be able to just pull jeans on instead of trying to squeeze into them.

But then so many things started happening around us. When I get stressed I become a hermit. So I stopped going to the Y and eventually stopped working out. Losing weight was put on the back burner and I just wasn't as passionate about it with all the stress I was dealing with.

We decided to put a hold on our membership. Because why pay for it when we aren't using it. I vowed to start working out again at the house but that just didn't happen. To be honest it's just easier to sit on the couch with the promise to "start tomorrow" than it is to get up and workout.

So now that things are settled down we decided that it's time to get back to the Y. I just love it and it helps keep me motivated to be doing the things I should be doing.

After working out for forty five minutes on the running machine I don't want to come home and ruin it with a bowl of ice cream. It makes me want to do better especially on the days that I don't want to even be there. It's a good feeling when you go to bed at night knowing that you went to work out and you ate right that day when your mind is telling you just to take that day off.

Plus, Ryan loves it. He loves going to the kid's area and just playing for a couple hours. And during weeks like this when it's Spring Break it gives me a little bit of a break for the day. There are some days when I would just take my bible study up there and did that while he was playing.

So now that I am back at it it is time to start focusing again. Time to lose the last thirty pounds that I have been wanting to lose for months now. I am excited to be going back to the Y but not really excited about the workout part of it. I just hope that once I am there and back at it I will gain my passion back for a healthier life. To be determined to lose this thirty pounds and just be a good example to Ryan. I want him to see his mom taking care of herself and caring what she looks like.

I need to figure out my schedule again. When I lost the first thirty pounds I had a working out and eating schedule. I would have a cheat day once every two weeks and other than that I would stick to MyFitnessPal.

Today I am going to go work out but hubby and I are having a date night do diet doesn't start till tomorrow.

But I will start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment