Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday Reads...

If you know me in real life or even follow me on Twitter you know how much I love reading. Every night after the hubby and Ryan go to sleep I read for 1-2 hours. Sometimes even longer if I am not tired or the book is really good.

So yesterday there were several books that came out that I bought as soon as I woke up. And I figured that I would share them with you since I always like seeing what other people read.

The first is Rules of Beasts by Danielle Paige.

She is the author of the Dorthy Must Die series all of which I have read and loved.

Wizard of Oz has been my favorite movie since I have started watching movies. One of my mom's favorite stories is about when I was five and how I would request to watch it over and over again. She said it would be on our TV all day.

Well, these books are a twist on the Wizard of Oz story written from different points of view.

And I want to add that these were the first books that I have ever read that were outside the mystery, chick lit, memoir/biography genre and I am so glad that I decided to try them because I have just loved seeing what Danielle has come up with.



Conviction is written by the prosecutor of the Jodi Arias trial.

I know there were a lot of people who followed this story on the news and I did too.

I am excited to read about what happened behind the scenes from the lawyer who put her behind bars.



Last but not least is written by Sue Klebold. She is the mother of the Columbine killer Dylan Klebold.

I still remember where I was when I saw the news about this happening. My brother and I were in our living room and I was just about to leave the house to go to work. But when breaking news interrupted whatever we were watching on TV I stopped to see what was going on. I was a senior in high school and just couldn't image that someone would take a gun into school and shoot people.

I can not imagine what life must be like being the mother of one of these killers. And that is why I want to read this book.

(She just did an interview with Diane Sawyer that I have not yet watched. I have it recorded but want to read the book before I watch.)



That is what will be on my nightstand for the next couple of weeks. What's on yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment