Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Book Worm

One of my favorite things to do is read.

Every night when Ryan and the hubby go to sleep I spend about an hour reading.

It's my me time. I look forward to it. You could almost say that I crave it. Especially when I have a new book that I am starting and am excited to get into.

Usually I read memoirs. The last year and a half I have really gotten into these types of books where you go through a tragic event with the author. Like Captain Phillips being captured by Somali Pirates, or Amanda Lindhoust being kidnapped and held for ransom, or Amanda Knox when she was going through her trail.

Or I go through a phase that I just want to read about one particular subject.

I really love reading about different cultures or just how different people live. When I was reading about the people living in Saudi Arabia I was just fascinated with what they did in their everyday lives that is so much different than how we live in America.

Other subjects I have read on are the Somali Pirates, JFK, and Bernie Madoff. And when I am going through a phase like that I will read about anything I can get my hands on.

And sometimes I read chick lit. Sometimes I just need something light to read where you don't have to use your mind too much. Something that's not so heavy. That might sound dumb but it really is what it is.

So one of the things I want to do on this blog is review and share the books that I am reading.

At the beginning of the year I wanted to read a book a week. But I am just too busy to keep up with that goal. And because I read on my Kindle a book a week gets expensive.

So instead I have made a list of the books I want to read in 2014. I might not get to all of them but I want to try. The ones that I have crossed off are ones that I have read. And I am going to start linking the book to the review that I do for it.

And I might even add more as I go along because there are always new books coming out that I get interested in.


Biographies/Memoirs 

No One Would Listen (reading) Harry Markopolos


The Madoff Chronicles - Brian Ross

The Witness Wore Red - Rebecca Musser

Killing Jesus - Bill O'reilly

A House in the Sky - Amanda Lindhout

The Aquariums of Pyongyang  (Ten years in the North Korean Gulag) - Kang Chol-Hwan

From Lance to Landis - David Walsh

Favorite Wife - Susan Schmidt

A Captain's Duty - Richard Phillips (Reading)

The Reason for God - Timothy Keller

A Long Way Gone - Ishmael Beah

Drinking and Tweeting - Brandi Glanville

Exposed The secret life of Jodi Arias - Jane Velez-Mitchell

Chick Lit

Confessions of a Hater - Caprice Crane

Big Drink - Kim Gruenenfelder

There's cake in my future - Kim Gruenenfelder  One of my favorite books

Last Night at Chateau Marmont - Lauren Weisberger

Family Affair - Caprice Crane


Queen of Babble - Meg Cabot

Queen of Babble Gets Hitched - Meg Cabot

Queen of Babble in the Big City - Meg Cabot

Do you have any suggestions for books that I should add to this list? I would love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment